Monday 8 August 2011

Chefette update – the long wait

I don’t know what it is about chefette – something is amiss. He had to go back to his previous work to finish off a few things which was 3 hours away. We had originally scheduled to catch up on Thursday but he was too knackered to catch up after making the return journey. He immediately phoned me upon his return to rain check. I had atrocious mobile reception so we kept on cutting out so I offered to call him the next day.
I called him twice the next day but there was no return call. I did not leave a voicemail. When we originally met, he said he was not a phone person and didn’t listen to voicemails. He preferred direct talk. I took this onboard thinking it was a little strange at the time.

I was away for the weekend and didn’t have mobile reception so didn’t know whether he called. But the mobile carrier I am with (Optus) would send an SMS with the number if someone called through to voicemail but didn’t leave a message. I had no such SMS upon my return to mobile reception so could only assume he didn’t even try to return my call or hung up before the voicemail started. I think any reasonable person would assume the former.

As you could imagine it is a little frustrating when people make the effort to contact you but the receiver does not make the same effort to return the contact. This is particularly so given that it is with a potential partner. Maybe it’s just me but I expect more in a dating context than a friend context especially during the first couple of weeks of dating!

I just cannot understand why you spend 21 hours with someone and then play the game of not returning calls or messages. It is mind blowing. You wouldn’t spend 21 hours with someone if you didn’t enjoy their company.

This isn’t the first time that I have had to wait for chefette to respond… I hate ‘chasing’ contact with my dates as it can be seen as clingy and put them off. God knows that it puts me off! I have done my fair share of chasing chefette, I have sent one last SMS to him saying I tried to call and was out of coverage on the weekend if he had tried to return my call. I also said the days im free this week if he wants to catch up again. This will be the final SMS, if I don’t get a response to this message today then the ‘chase’ is over as he is obviously either not interested or a total rude prick. I’m not going to buy into the whole 'lost my phone' or 'run out of credit' excuses again…

It’s unfortunate because the time we had together was comfortable and fantastic… its strange how someone can just flick a switch and avoid returning contact. We shall wait and see whether the switch has been truly flicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment