Sunday 10 July 2011

The fuck buddy strings are stringing

It was a couple of days after the last meet with my fuck buddy. I received a message on manhunt from him simply saying that he wished me all the best and hoped that I found what I was looking for in life. I replied saying that it sounded like a goodbye and wished him all the best in life too.
He instantly replied back saying it wasn’t a goodbye and that he had been thinking about me too much. He then invited me to dinner and do ‘normal things.’ Apparently our meets have not been normal and he wanted to cook me dinner and chill with me watching DVDs (the violin strings were playing very loudly). Had we not discussed and agreed a couple of days ago that it was only a physical relationship?
There were far too many strings in that message for my liking…
1)      The admission that he had been thinking about me too much – one should never think about a fuck buddy unless it is just about sex!
2)      The fact that it was not a goodbye…
3)      The invitation to cook me dinner and do ‘normal things’ – one should only ever see a fuck buddy as way to get off.
This was totally at odds with our previous chat about how he just wanted to be my bottom for however long as I wanted and the admission from him that we were incompatible as a couple (I knew that within the first five minutes!).
My little head was saying well as long as he is willing to see you then you have no obligation to reiterate that it was just a fuck relationship. I had made my position completely clear – the dinner invite just muddied the waters.
So did I accept? ABSOLUTELY - I followed my little head's advice.
Can’t anything be simple and clear cut? Is it wrong of me to just want a massage, a cuddle, a good fuck without anything more? Perhaps my actions were speaking louder than my words, I should have reminded him that I was not after a relationship.
I talked with my gaggle about this turn of events. I admitted that I was probably a little misguided to accept the dinner invite without establishing the basis of the invite. After this admission, I got a flurry of emoticons from a bitch slap to romantic love hearts to a “note to self” which read ‘it is illegal to stab people for being stupid.’ Then I received the ultimate slap in the face, one of my gaggle had sent me the ‘Britney pic’.
By way of background, one of my gaggle often has moments of sheer blondeness. One day she had such an utter blonde moment that I searched for a pic to encapsulate the moment. I found the perfect photo. It was of Britney Spears doing the chicken dance. It was absolutely perfect. She looked like she belonged to a mental institution. I sent her the pic and just said ‘Brits nuff said’. Needless to say she pissed herself laughing at how appropriate the pic was. The name of Brits stuck to her like chewing gum to hair like shit to arsehole.
The fact that she of all people had sent me the Brits pic was her way of telling me how utterly stupid I was… I felt somewhat ashamed – but still believed I could salvage something with my fuck buddy that would not resemble a relationship in any way…
My gaggle then uttered the unthinkable words “I hope you get a boyfriend” – she had no right to jinx me in this way!
Well let me just say that she could have probably been a prophet – I received a text message in the next couple of days that would prove to set the tone for our next meet and it made me feel bloody uncomfortable…

No comments:

Post a Comment