Monday 27 June 2011

Confession of a Bitchy Queen


Yes I know I have not commenced telling you about my rebound relationship, but I have a confession to make today. Today my friendly demeanour gave way to the bitchiness inside. I am ashamed and deeply appalled (well a little anyway). So what happened? …

Got a message from an 18 year old Twinkie saying “Hey.” He also posted several comments on my pics such as “take off the towel” and “you’d look better with your shorts off.” Of course I was flattered as any gay guy would be.  I usually don’t chat to anyone below 25 as I just find them immature, childish and flippant (I should have maintained my view).

After checking his profile it became obvious that he was a serial tart and was posting comments on all pics of any guy that was good looking to some degree. I think you know the type, the guy that’s just got on a dating site thinking that everyone will think he is really cute and really nice.

It all went swimmingly well, we were flirting with each other. But then he started calling me ‘babe.’ Now I don’t know why that irritated me so much. No one had ever called me babe, not even the X. He was just getting too comfortable for someone that I had only just started chatting to. It felt wrong being called ‘babe’, I was a guy – I was masculine – I had a cock! Babe somehow felt reserved for effeminate fem and gals. So being direct I suggested that he stop calling me ‘babe’ as I felt like it should be reserved for women. We came to an agreement that ‘sexy stud’ would be my nickname.

As the day progressed he gradually got progressively more possessive in his chat language. He referred to me as “his man” and “his sexy stud.” I hadn’t seen his picture as yet (he promised to send it through later as he was online through a tablet computer without a camera), so just said that it is a little premature to describe me as ‘his.’

Then the final clincher came he said that I love you multiple times, he had even changed his profile status to <3 My Nickname (‘LOVE’). To be honest I should have taken it as it was intended just flirtatious banter. But after a lengthy long term relationship, for him to say I love you even in chat seemed childish and deeply wrong. So I said let’s face facts – we haven’t even met, I haven’t seen your pic – so you don’t love me – you just have a man crush.

He then fired up and yelled WHY ARE YOU SO ARGUMENTATIVE? To which I replied that he was immature, flippant, to grow up and to go back to school and learn a little English so he know the meaning of the words you are using. Yes my bitchiness had come out in full.

Did he deserve it? Undoubtedly no, he was just chatting in a way that he thought was appropriate for a dating site. He didn’t realise that you need to adopt your chatting style to the guy your targeting. If you’re chatting to a masculine guy – you don’t talk about how much you love Kylie and don’t call him ‘BABE’ (unless you 100% know that he listens to Kylie). If you’re talking to a fem guy – you don’t talk about how much you love your Holden SS Ute or watching Australian Rules Football (‘AFL’). If you talking to an educated guy – don’t assume that he will tolerate your inappropriate childish use of words.

My confession is at an end… in my next post will continue to blog about my rebound relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment